Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Race I Loved

Although I did so some work today, I had decided to take part of it off as a mental health day before things get really crazy again here in a few weeks. Last night I had started this page, so I decided to finish it this afternoon. I have to tell you, this was a lot of fun to finish. These pictures are from a trip to Detroit that I (and my son) took in early April. We had a blast and I've really been looking forward to scrapping the pictures. I even ventured into misting for the very first time on my own.


I had two great sources of motivation for this. First, this week's Sketchy Thursdays sketch (here). Second, the orange and pink paper strips (but not the wider orange ribbon) were already adhered to the pink background paper from a class I took at CKC. The barely-started page had been sitting in a drawer waiting for pictures and a vision to do something with it. The sketch was just what I needed to make it happen.

Supplies used:
Basic Grey: green at heart~basil

Basic Grey: green at heart~sage
Basic Grey: green at heart~kermit
Prima: Pebbles
American Crafts: thickers, Stroll (from my February Lucky Girl Crafts kit)
Doodlebug Design: Candy Shoppe lilly white alphas (from my January Lucky Girl Crafts kit)
Making Memories: Slice + Basics 1 design card (to make the heart mask)
Tattered Angels: Glimmer Mist, Black Magic (from my August Lucky Girl Crafts kit)
yellow-orange ribbon I had on hand
scrap of old pink cardstock
black scrapbooking pen
various adhesives

4 comments:

  1. Love love love love this!! I loveeeeeeee that photo with their eyes smiling and eyes WIDE opened!! TOOOOOOOOO CUTE!! And loving that title work!! Thanks soooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I know those people :) (Okay, I could say that about 95% of your pages. Nonetheless...) I do love this page - especially the blingy bits (pebbles?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *love* the misting on this page!
    ~natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cool page! i love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete