Thursday, April 21, 2011

February 2007--a quick page

Today I made a quick page based on Sketchy Thursdays 4/21 challenge (here). In truth, I relied on DT Monica's rendition, really, because I just love what she did with it. What I came out with wasn't exactly her rendition or the sketch, but my rendition of her rendition. :)


I really intended to use stark color contrasts and do something dramatic. Then I went flipping through my supplies and stumbled upon these goodies from my March Lucky Girl Crafts kit, and I was hooked. I added in a little October Afternoon goodness to make the fussy cut, layered embellishments, and the brad is from sei. I was particularly happy with the OA paper, because it so closely mimics the echo park background paper without actually repeating it. There's contrast, but coordination. Both the October Afternoon paper and the brad are items I picked up at CKC-St. Louis a few weeks ago!


And because I can't let this pass without mentioning it: this is my last layout from 2007!! Now, I might go to put together the album and discover that I have a page to fill between events. If that's the case, I'll likely do an all-journaling page. But of pictures from the year, this is the last!! 

Supplies used:
not from Lucky Girl kit:
sei~Jocelyn designer brad
October Afternoon~Schoolhouse 8x8 paper pad (which I LOVE)
black cardstock that was lying on my desk from who knows what
black scrapbooking pen

from Lucky Girl's March kit:
Mariposa~epoxy alpha stickers
echo park~For the Record, Apron Strings
echo park~For the Record, Stamp of Approval
echo park~For the Record, Borders

4 comments:

  1. It's simple and beautiful LO!
    I love the use of alphabet.
    Thanks for playing along with ST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you matted your photos in black! Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go finishing 2007! that is incredible! i love to OA and EP papers. thanks for playing at ST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is BEAUTIFUL! I love love love love it! I loveeeeeeee the photos and the colors! Thanks sooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete