Monday, June 6, 2011

Little Boy, Big Day

Since it's all of a sudden very much summertime in Missouri (read: hot), I've decreased running time and found more time to scrapbook. I picked up right where I left off--sketches + kits. The page I finished today includes photos from my son's first birthday. I made this using my April kit from Lucky Girl Crafts and the Sketchy Thursdays 6/2 sketch, which you can find here.


I was particularly pleased with the way the ribbon detail turned out. I did it by turning the ribbon over between each piece of adhesive along the way.

All supplies are from my April kit. Including:
My Mind's Eye~Stella Rose, Hattie "Happy" Polka Dots paper
Crate Paper~Toy Box Collection, Phrases and Alpha Labels
echo park~Little Boy, Strawberry/Sky
twine and other mixed embellishments, company unknown

5 comments:

  1. Great LO, love the ribbon around the circle and the colours. Great use of the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like the ribbon detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like how your ribbon turned out! Usually, when I use ribbon, I just glue it straight on! :) Here is my take on the sketch, Papa and me! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FABULOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the photos and the ribbons! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That feet photo is adorable and I love what you did with the ribbon! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete