I know, I know, I'm a little behind! The good thing about waiting to make pages is that I've learned SO many new techniques in the last 4 years that I can now use. This is the first of three pages I'm going to make for Christmas 2006. And once those three pages are finished, I'll be switching modes for a while...a sneak peek of that below.
I got to try two new tools/techniques on this page. First, wallet-sized pictures. What a difference it makes. It opens up so many possibilities in terms of how photos can be arranged on a 12x12 space. Plus, often I want to include pictures but don't really feel that they merit taking up a large amount of real estate. By either printing wallets or printing collages and cutting them apart, the problem is solved. I will definitely be doing this again.

Second, I used baker's twine. Now, I've used embroidery thread before (most recently here), so this wasn't shockingly new. But this is the first time I've wrapped a layout in thread, and the first time it's really been baker's twine. I like how it helps to fill out the bottom of the page without really overwhelming it too much.
And just in case you were wondering if that's me in the picture, it is not. That is the one and only, totally fabulous k-dot. And oh man, did we buy some gorgeous shoes that day.
Supplies used (apparently it was Making Memories day in my scraproom!):
Making Memories--Mistletoe, Happy Holidays Mistletoe patterned paper
Making Memories--DieCut Glit MiniDot Red Mistletoe patterned paper
Making Memories--Vintage Findings, mini kit Christmas (tag and baker's twine)
Making Memories--Slice + Noteworthy and Basics 3 design cards
Nostalgiques by Rebecca Sower alphas
silver glitter chipboard alphas
red flower gem embellishments
Martha Stewart black fine point pen
black and ivory cardstock
various adhesives
...and finally, your sneak peek of what's ahead...
oooo love this one! so pretty!
ReplyDelete