One thing I've learned from our recent move is that the furniture that fit so well in your last house won't fit perfectly in your new house. There will be excess pieces and need for different pieces. We had one such situation in our old kitchenette set. It fit well in our old house but we'd outgrown it. The old house also had a built-in desk in the kitchen, while the new place does not. We've found ourselves constantly moving laptops from the kitchen table to the sofa and back again, which was getting old. Answer? Paint it black (and cue the Stones).
I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with how this project turned out, especially considering how little work and cost it involved.
1. Buy supplies: $20
2. Remove the fold-down sides to the table and remove legs
3. Sand table
4. Prime table
5. Paint table
6. Re-attach legs
Here I am priming. And as an aside, I love that t-shirt. It says "America's Love Run." It was some race my non-athletic father volunteered at when I was a little kid. It has that old, worn-in thing going on. Oh, and lots of paint. :)
And here is the finished product! I bought a semi-gloss finish because I wanted it to shine. The line/slit you see in the side is from the old fold-down piece. You don't see it unless you're at this particular angle.
And here it is in the room. I love this room of our house. It's modern and a little bit sophisticated. Also not 100% finished.
The next task will be finding a chair to go with it. I want something straight-backed, not the rounded backs like the chairs that go with the table. We're going to start searching second-hand stores and Craigslist. I'm sure we'll find something fabulous...that I may or may not paint black.
This turned out really nicely. And I love the rug in this room. I'm pretty sure I've told you this before, though. :)
ReplyDeletelooks great! i'm a huge fan of painting furniture black, since i'm so sick of all my oak stuff. but i take the easy way out, and sent it to my mom to paint ;)
ReplyDeleteLooks great, it certainly adds an air of sopistication!! Great job!
ReplyDelete