The third and final layout from the Chicago Rock & Roll 2009 Half-Marathon is complete. Actually, to be obnoxious, it's the first--this is the pre-race page--but got made last. Finishing this page was all about balancing out the crazy multiple patterns with simple design. I based this on Creative Scrappers Sketch #123.
First let's talk about the crazy multiple patterns--all four (yes, four) of them. The black & tan background is My Mind's Eye/Lost & Found/Union Square "Home Sweet Home" paper. The green-blue paper is Pink Paislee Starlight/Spark (from my July Lucky Girls kit, with which I have a bit of an addiction). The photo is matted with Sassafras/Serendipity/Robotics. And last but not least, the "J" tag is matted on the back of the Lost & Found paper. Four patterns.
I simplified the page by sticking to a color palette, repeating the circles between the background paper and the die cut black circles, and leaving the bottom half of the page to show off the Pink Paislee patterned paper. I loved this paper for its color and because it sort of subtly repeats the star pattern that's on the post-race page.
The embellishments are also pretty simple. The "J" tag is 7 Gypsies "Journey" journal stickers. I made the die cut mat using my Slice with the Noteworthy design card, then inked the edge. The dimensional, glittery embellishment is also from the Lost & Found line (Union Station "Perfect" layered stickers). The horizontal bunting-esque piece is from the Cosmo Cricket "Celebrate Life" sticker sheet, which also came with my July Lucky Girls kit.
Chicago Rock & Roll 2009--DONE!
i really like the way this came together - my favorite is that pink paislee starlight paper. It's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteGreat job - I love the details in this layout. Thanks so much for helping me locate some Lucky Girls! Your goody code will be mailed to you shortly. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDelete=D
Jessica