My local scrapbooking store does a monthly Scrapbookers' Throwdown sketch challenge. On the 15th of every month you can pick up the sketch from the store, then return with your layout by the end of the month. They display the layouts (in page protectors, of course!) and customers vote for their favorite until the 15th of the next month. The winner gets a $25 gift card to the store. Pretty sweet deal for doing something I enjoy.
I've been stalking this store online for a while (since before we moved, I have to shamefully admit). So at long last, I picked up my first Throwdown sketch last week. (Incidentally, picking up the sketch was a total nightmare. I was almost in tears by the time I got un-lost and found the store, but that's another story.) As soon as I started sifting through my pictures to see what might work, I spotted a clear pick--my Chicago Rock & Roll 2009 pictures. While I have a stronger sentimental attachment to other races, I've never had more fun at a race than at this one.
Supplies used:
Prima Pebbles
Sassafras--Shuttle Service, "Robotics"
My Mind's Eye--Shabby Dots
Karen Foster Design--The Finish Line (the sticker with the race, date, distance, etc.)
I made that measuring tape ribbon embellishment, which I'm sort of proud of. The "I'm loving every wonderful, horrible minutes of this" was from an ad in an old issue of Runner's World. The Rock & Roll embellishment was made from the race logo on the course map. Talk about using scraps in scrapbooking!
*love* this!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute page design...but most of all...I LOVE the center phote. Wish I could help out with a vote!
ReplyDeleteawesome!!! i LOVE the layout and this pictures :) what a great day that was.
ReplyDeletethat's a great focal point photo! and i love the flower you created with the measureing tape twill :)
ReplyDeleteI love this photo! The measuring tape flower is so creative!
ReplyDeleteThis is a really nice layout! Love everything about it: the paper, the pictures, the journalling, the measuring tape ribbon...
ReplyDeleteScrapsEls
www.scrapsels.com