Before I tell you about the layout itself, I have to tell you how painfully long it took me to finish. Seriously people, I based this on the Sketchy Thursdays challenge that was posted September 30 and was due October 7. Partly it took so long because I was getting ready and traveling to a professional conference. Partly it took so long because I really didn't want to finish it and be disappointed in any way. It meant that much to me.
So what is the layout? Our first family portrait after our son was born. The picture was taken for our church directory, the same day as the church picnic. It was the day we introduced him to our church family. It was one of our first social outings as a family. It's kind of a big deal...to me.
I feel like my pages improve from reading other scrapbooking blogs and with my ever-expanding collection of supplies. That's my segue to tell you the piece of this page that The Beastie and The Gangsta are particularly excited about:
I used my first ever pop-dot.
That's it, between the gingham and eyelet layers of the "family" square on the right. And yes, I love it. I'm not saying they will appear on every page, but they will become a part of my regular supplies. Are we happy now, ladies? :)
Because I am having a hard time photographing the whole page so that the color at the bottom looks right, here's a close-up of that fabulous chipboard at the bottom:
Products used:
- Cosmo Cricket--Tiny Type (navy), from my July Lucky Girls kit (which I LOVE)
- Pink Paislee--chipboard alphabets expressions, Berry Blue, from my August Lucky Girls kit
- Crate Paper-- School Spirit Collection, Homeroom
- Provo Craft--Baby Boy Sweet Pea
- Making Memories--Fresh Anthology collection, Eyelet and Gingham (I've had this stuff forever, used it a million times, and never tire of it. Best.paper.ever!)
- Making Memories--Slice with design cards Think Pink and Studio Essentials
- Stampabilities--brown pigment ink (used to edge the clip at the top, see photo below)
- Creative Memories--Tearing Tool
- blue ribbon was from a gift bag
This page is BEAUTIFUL!!! I absolutely love it. And of course.... I'm glad we've finally converted you!
ReplyDelete"Let me show you the adhesive aisle...." :)