Tuesday, December 28, 2010

IMA and Lilly House

I can't remember the last time I finished two pages in such a short period of time. It's been fun! And, my scraproom is almost ready to share with you all. I'm headed to the store for one of the last critical pieces this afternoon.

So what's up today? The second of three pages from a weekend trip we took in 2007. This project went through about 100 paper combinations (ok, slight exaggeration) before coming to this one. I wanted to reuse the Basic Grey pirum paper from the last page, to carry somewhat of a theme through the pages from this trip. But I think the thing I love most is that film strip across the top. It didn't photograph to its full potential. Adhering it to the page by brads was The Beastie's idea--and a brilliant one. I love the look of the metal on the page. It reinforces the whole feel of it.

Mostly I used the aqua letters because these pictures were taken in March and I thought it should have something of a spring feel to it. The papers used are more fall-toned. I like the combination of seasonal pieces for this time of year.

And because I sound like one constant ad for Lucky Girl Crafts anyway, I have to tell you that almost all of this layout came from Lucky Girl kits.

Supplies used:
Prima~Life Colors, "Joyful Yellow" (Lucky Girl September kit)
Bo-Bunny~Back to basics, "Chiffon Dot" (Lucky Girl November kit)
Bo-Bunny~Bella Journee ribbon (Lucky Girl December kit)
Petaloo~Mulberry Street handmade paper flowers (Lucky Girl Crafts, not sure what kit, might have been an extra I got)
Pen-touch~metallic silver ink pen
Recollections~brads
echo park~a walk in the park alpha stickers
film strip~not sure what brand, but it came in the Lucky Girl August kit
yellow pin, also from the August Lucky Girl kit

2 comments:

  1. Hehe... I think it's great that you are a Lucky Girls advertiser!! There is also a DT call going on...

    Great work, and I can't wait to see your scraproom!!!!

    ReplyDelete