Believe it or not, I'm close to finishing the 2006 pages. This two-pager makes me one "event" closer to being finished. After The Beastie's wedding in 2006, I went on this prolonged tour of the Mid-Atlantic, including a tour of Philly, some sightseeing in DC, and trips to eastern Maryland and West Virginia. The sightseeing in DC included a trip to the National Portrait Gallery with my Dad, Mr. Joanna, and an old friend named Joe.
Making this page felt like riding my bike without training wheels. For the first time in a while, I made this without a sketch and only sort of with a kit. The idea: a scraplift of one of my old pages, which I was reminded of by this recent page done by The Beastie. The sort-of kit: the set of Making Memories' Vintage Findings papers that I won quite a while back (11/09, can it really have been that long?!?) on Maggie Holmes' blog. The product:
So, did you spot the fake?? I ran out of letter L thickers, so I just off part of a J to finish the title. If you look closely, the L in "National" doesn't look quite like the "L" thickers in "Gallery." Sneaky, huh?
And here's a close-up of part of the right-side page, just so you can see some detail:
Supplies used:
Making Memories, Vintage Findings papers: Gold Foil Wallpaper Findings, Gold Foil Star Findings, Glitter Packaging Findings.
American Crafts~Thickers, Bumble, Glitter Puffy, black
ivory ribbon
Pink Paislee~Sweetness Clear Card (from the January LGC kit)

Awesome! And you can't even tell about the thickers. :)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely can't tell with the Thickers... I do this all the time... I can't stand to part with any of my Thickers, so I am known to turn letters into other letters and numbers into letters... it's a great way to make your supplies last! Great layout btw!!!
ReplyDelete