As I'm wrapping up the 2006 pages, I'm left with just a few summer pages to go. "Why not use up the last of my August LGC kit?" I thought to myself. So in I went and pulled out enough coordinating stuff to accommodate the page I had in mind. Just one problem: none of it* is even remotely close to my style.
* except the alphas....love!
So...I decided to make the page anyway. I thought, use enough products, do it creatively enough, and maybe the parts that you wouldn't usually choose will magically blend together and work. It was sort of an experiment: how far can I push the envelope in using stuff I wouldn't normally have picked and still end up with pages that I love? I think this is the limit. The jury's still out on what I think of the overall page. It's not the arrangement of it or the quality of the products, it's just the style. Ask me in a week.
Are you thinking to yourself that this page looks familiar somehow? Well....it's a second take on an old Sketch Inspiration sketch, #201. You can see my other version of this sketch here.
Supplies used:
echo park~a walk in the park, Mother Nature
echo park~a walk in the park, not sure of specific name, but whatever the blue is that I border punched there in the middle
echo park~a walk in the park, alpha stickers
sassafras~indie girl, eclectic elegance (both sides)
sassafras~indie journal tags
felt flower embellishments (from August LGC kit, not sure of brand)
EK Success~border punch
Making Memories~Slice + Animal Crackers design card
foam adhesive squares for pop-dotted title

Love it! ;0)
ReplyDelete