Monday, January 24, 2011

Chicago architecture boat tour

Another 2006 layout done! And this one is a new personal best--start to finish in under ONE HOUR. This is a first! Once again this was made possible by a kit + sketch. The kit, Lucky Girl Crafts, August Kit (Old School Cool). The sketch, Sketchy Thursdays 1.20.11 sketch, which you can find here. 


These pictures are nerdy and summery. This paper was exactly what I didn't even know I was looking for. The multi-colored number paper is just the back of the plaid paper. Almost all of this page came from the kit's supplies. I'm particularly glad that I used the "journey" embellishment. I wasn't sure how I'd ever use it. It's pink, which I rarely use. It's pretty dimensional and heavy. But just the thing next to those pink flowers. 


Supplies used:
the girls' paperie~on holiday
echo park~a walk in the park, mother nature
ivory textured cardstock (not sure of brand)
"journey" embellish
metallic thread
white cardstock I had on hand
brown fine tipped scrapbooking marker
pop-dots (center picture)

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME photos!! LOVE THIS! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning photo's! And I love those papers you used! Beautiful take on the sketch!
    Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a city girl myself, I love the pics! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!
    very cool!!!
    I love it:)
    Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one! The paper rocks and the pics aren't bad either. ;)

    ReplyDelete