Wednesday, January 12, 2011

not what I meant to do

Today's creation comes to you courtesy of Creative Scrappers sketch #138 and (pretty much the end of) my Lucky Girls July 2010 kit. This page is not at ALL what I intended to scrap. In fact, I sat down meaning to scrap an entirely different event. A race, just not this one. I really like the star motif for races for some reason. And I really wanted to use this die cut. But it just didn't work with the pictures. I couldn't pare the pictures down so they fit with the die cut. So I jumped ship and changed projects and did this.


This picture is actually an update to this post. I went back and added that journaling spot. Originally I just wrote the journaling on the die cut, but it got lost. This page has grown on me, and the journaling spot helped a lot. I didn't love or hate it initially. But it is growing on me. Maybe because I want to love it simply for the fact that I love that picture so much. Such a good memory.

Supplies used:
Pink Paislee~Starlight, Shooting Star, die cut
sei~cardstock (actually from the November kit, and it's actually a VERY pale green)
26.2 sticker that I bought at the race expo
Slice + Animal Crackers, Noteworthy design cards
American Crafts~Primary Pearl brad
American Crafts~Road Map Glitter Journaling Sticker
Jenni Bowlin~banner stickers (on bottom right)

No comments:

Post a Comment