Thursday, January 27, 2011

The rest of the trip, Chicago 8/06

So, I would have preferred that this be a 2-page layout with my last page, really, since the pictures go together. But I just couldn't resist that nerdy theme for the architecture tour. And I didn't have enough of the paper to stretch it over two pages. So instead I tried to make two pages that vaguely coordinate well enough. Et voila! Here is the other page from the trip. I also made this page using the Lucky Girl Crafts kit from August, Old School Cool. The only thing I added was the gray cardstock. I love the colors in this kit. I based the layout on Sketch Inspiration #204.


For whatever reason, I have difficulty photographing yellow paper. It seems to come out redder than it actually is. And my efforts to correct this throw off the color on the rest of the page. Anyone know how to fix that? It was taken in early morning light, which isn't best, so maybe that's part of it.

I had so much fun making this. And it took me only about 75 minutes!


Supplies used:
yellow and ivory textured cardstock (probably American Crafts, Bazzil, or sei)
gray cardstock I had on hand
gray fine point marker/pen
Petaloo~Mini Mulberry flowers, soft yellow
Echo Park~A walk in the park, cardstock alphabet stickers
Pebbles~Lil' Miss Collection, Sunshine

1 comment:

  1. Love the layout Joanna! I love seeing how you make the kits go so far! As far as editing the photos and adjusting the light, you can go to www.picnik.com and edit the lighting in the photos for free. If you need help, feel free to email me, and I can show you how!

    ReplyDelete