I did have time to finish this last night, even if it meant staying up a weeee bit too late. :) I made this page based on Creative Scrappers sketch #139 (original). While I really liked the sketch, I have to be honest that the finished product isn't my favorite page ever. I don't dislike it, but I don't love it either. I think I'm unaccustomed to having virtually no patterned paper on the page. I would have liked to stamp it like I did the matching half of this two-pager (see previous post), but two things stopped me: 1) I was a little frustrated by the stamp and the near impossibility of stamping seamlessly when the space exceeded the size of the stamp, and 2) I thought it would be too much to stamp the green paper like I did on the other side, with that patterned layer on top of it.
What I do love about this page is the journaling tags, hidden behind the green paper. It's not that the journaling was terribly private, it's just that there was SO much of it. I filled all three of those tags front and back with journaling. I'm particularly proud of the way the tags are secured on the page. I made a little pocket behind the purple paper and cut slits in the purple paper to slide them through. It keeps them from moving left and right or down. It's not like I invented this method, but for me, this was an unusually good execution of the method. Meaning, it worked and nothing is crazy crooked.
Supplies used:
Recollections~purple patterned paper
Straight & Narrow~purple ribbon
Slice + Think Pink, Noteworthy, and Studio Essentials design cards
American Crafts~green cardstock, from Lucky Girl Crafts, July kit
Michaels~purple flower embellishments
purple and gray cardstock from stash
Paper Studio~heavy, silver glitter cardstock
Martha Stewart~fine point black pen

I love the hidden journaling!!!
ReplyDelete