Saturday, January 22, 2011

My first half-marathon

This week I focused on scrapping the Chicago Distance Classic, 2007. This was my first half-marathon, and a turning point in my life. I guess I was waiting until I found the right sketch and had the right supplies. It finally came together. This is based on Sketch Inspiration sketch #203, which you can find here. Stay tuned for the second half of this two-pager, which I might finish tonight. We'll see. It's based on a different sketch and will contain the journaling, because I have a LOT I want to say/remember about this event.


This page was unusual for me in that I made it almost entirely from plain cardstock. The green stripes were made from cardstock in the July Lucky Girl kit (arguably still my favorite) and a Hero Arts backgrounder stamp that I picked up using a Groupon to a local store. The purple flowers came from a pack I got on the dollar rack at Michaels, and the gemstone brads were the last of a set I'd had for probably a year and a half. The title and flourish were cut using my Slice. And the title is pop-dotted.


Supplies used:
American Crafts green cardstock from the July Lucky Girl Crafts kit
purple cardstock I've had literally for years
purple flowers from bargain bin at Michaels
Paper Studio gemstone brads
white and gray cardstock
silver glitter paper heavy cardstock
Slice + Think Pink and Basics 3 design cards
Hero Arts background stamp
pop-dots
black Martha Stewart scrapbooking pen

3 comments:

  1. the pop-dots for the title are perfect!! this page is great!
    ~natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title is definitely rockin'. I'm with Natalie on that! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have so much patience to stamp all of that green paper! And the title is absolutely perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete